Mike Modano Ice Arena
The Westland Mike Modano Ice Arena offers ice available for those interested in recreational skating, beginner lessons, competitive United States Figure Skating (USFS) programs, compulsory teams, hockey conditioning and hockey teams (6 – 18 years of age).
The newly renovated facility offers programs for all ages. Learn to Skate, TimBits, Youth Hockey (WHA), Public Skating, Birthday Parties, Adult Hockey Leagues, Figure Skating & Special Events. The arena has recently invested over 1.7 million dollars upgrading to LED lights above the ice surface, performing a major renovation of guest areas, and purchasing a new Zamboni.
The Mike Modano Ice Arena features:
- One NHL regulation-size ice surface
- Four professional style locker rooms
- Newly renovated lobby and bathrooms
- Concession stand
- Community room for special occasion rentals
Mike Modano Ice Arena COVID Guidelines
For the safety of our employees and guests we ask that you adhere to these guidelines and procedures while returning to the rink. We will be adhering to all government policies during our reopening. Guests are asked to stay home if feeling ill.
Masks are required for all guests and participants while in the building with one exception:
Rapid Test Protocol is required for team members on the ice that are not wearing a mask during games. If a person does not want to follow the Rapid Test Protocol, a mask with be required.
- Skaters and Parents/Guardians will enter thru main lobby doors. There will be a monitor station upon entry. A temperature check will be administered, if above 100.4°F, you will be asked to leave the arena. The Mike Modano Ice Arena Health Screening Questionnaire (PDF) must be completed prior to entering the facility and brought in with you at time of entry.
- Guests may enter arena no more than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled ice time, and are asked to leave the building within 10 minutes after their scheduled ice time.
- 1 parent/guardian per skater for practices, 2 parents/guardians per skater for games.
- There will be designated seating areas to put skates on (hallway to locker rooms, etc.) and skaters should come partially/fully dressed to reduce time spent in the arena.
- There is a designated sitting area for concessions.
- There will be sanitizer throughout the building and masks will be required to be worn correctly at all times, except as listed above.
- if masks cannot be worn, MDHHS'S Guidance for Athletics (PDF) testing regimen MUST be followed.
- All guests and skaters must maintain 6 ft. distance at all times (lobby, bleachers, etc.)
- Showers, drinking fountains, and community room will be closed.
- Currently there is a 50 skater capacity on the ice, 100 people in the bleachers, and a total arena capacity of 200 people.
- No off ice activity permitted inside building.