View all facilities
Curtis Woods / Kiwanis Park
- Dedicated Parking
- Picnic Areas
- Play Structure
- Portable Restrooms
- Walking / Jogging Trail
Curtis Woods / Kiwanis Park, sits on 5.20 acres
Please take a few minutes to review the Park Picnic Shelter rules.
- The City of Westland park shelters will be made available for public use consistent with all State of Michigan statutes, the City’s Charter and ordinances. Individuals who reserve shelters have exclusive use of the picnic tables in the shelter area only. Reservations do not include exclusive use of the park facilities including play structures, spray park or picnic tables throughout the park.
- Any group using any City of Westland park, field or facility for the purpose of political rallies or protests, fairs, festivals concerts or promotions must have prior approval from the department.
- Decorations can be tied by string or tape to the shelter, but need to be removed at the end of your party and disposed of.
- Renter will be responsible for general cleanup of area used, including debris and depositing all trash in containers provided.
- Full renter fees must be received at the time of reservation. Permit will be issued at time of rental.
- Renter may cancel 30 days prior to the event; a $20.00 processing fee will be held for any cancellation.
- Reservations start the second week of January for the season.
- Picnic canopies and tents are not allowed.
- Renters may not relocate other picnic tables from their assigned areas in the park.
- NO live bands or loud music.
- There are no refunds or exchange of rental dates due to inclement weather.
- There is only electricity at Central City Park- Tattan Park. All other parks DO NOT have electricity.
- Pony rides are not allowed
- No open flame devices are allowed.
- NO Grills of any type are permitted.
- Vehicles are not allowed on any grass area or by the shelter.
- Inflatable Moonwalks / Bounce Houses are NOT permitted at any Westland Park.
- Alcohol (beer and wine) is allowed with consistent with State of Michigan laws.
- All parks close at 10:00 p.m.