Can I rezone my property?

Rezoning a property, also known as a map amendment, is an involved process, and success is not guaranteed. Petitioners must provide documentation that the property is appropriate for rezoning based on the principles of zoning and the City’s Master Plan. It then requires public hearing and review through the Planning Commission, and then final approval through the City Council. These bodies would have to find that the zoning is appropriate and not likely to cause negative impacts on surrounding existing uses such as residences.

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. What is my property zoned?
3. What can I use my property for under the classified zoning?
4. Can I rezone my property?
5. How do I measure setbacks?
6. Can the City provide me with a survey of my property?
7. How do I open a business?
8. Where can I install a fence?
9. What is a zoning ordinance?
10. What is a variance?
11. Who reviews and approves site plans?
12. Can I build a detached garage, pole barn, or shed?
13. Is my lot/parcel buildable?