The City of Westland will be participating in a nationwide initiative that acknowledges the importance of open government, called "Sunshine Week." Established in 2005, "Sunshine Week" is March 12, 2017 - March 18, 2017.
"Sunshine Week" was established in 2005 and, across the country, is marked by panel discussions, workshops and other events about using and understanding the latest developments in the freedom of information services.
Although CityOfWestland.COM has, since 2013, provided dedicated space for "Open Gov" we're taking the opportunity during the 2017 Sunshine Week to streamline the self-service features, and freshen the available content.
"We will continue to promote transparency within the City of Westland well after Sunshine Week is over. commented Council President, James Godbout. "We plan to be ready to provide council packets online for residents to view prior to council meetings by the first council meeting in April."
Below you will find the top 10 most frequently requested documents for review and download. Within the OpenGov section of CityOfWestland.COM you will find many other useful links that include:
|Westland's Operating Budget||Union Contracts and Pay Plans|
|Financial Audit Documents||Westland's Financial Dashboard|
|Online FOIA request form||FOIA Frequently Asked Questions|
|Local Tax Information||Meeting Calendars|
|Water quality reports|
Most Frequently Requested Documents
- Approved Budget 2016-2017
- Deputy City Clerk Benefit Pkg 2017
- City Clerk Benefit Pkg 2017
- Appointed Officials & Mayor's Office Pay Plan 2017
- AFSCME Local 1602 CBA Jan 1 2013 thru Dec 31 2016
- WPOAM Lt & Sgt CBA Jan 1 2015 thru Dec 31 2019
- WPOAM Patrol & Dispatch CBA 7.1.14 thru 6.30.19
- UAW LOCAL 174 Supervisors CBA July 1 2014 thru June 30 2018
- WPFFU Local 1279 CBA July 1 2014 thru June 30 2020
- 2016 Audit